This is me without any makeup .. please don't be scared. :)
I have suffered from mild acne before, and has scars that still remain, also, my face scars easily from spots, so my forehead and cheek is not in the best condition. Dark circles are also a problem which I sadly have to battle with. And my eyebrows are a ghastly grey colour for not apparent reason. Otherwise, I kinda like myself :) - just a bit more with makeup on.
1. Starting off with the base, I moisturise, using Garnier Moisture Match for Dull Skin and applying Burt's Bees Honey Lip Blam.
2. I then apply foundation all over using Nars' Sheer Glow Foundation in Barcelona with my Real techniques Expert Face Brush, and my beauty Blender - I use the beauty blender to make sure there are no streak and all is blended in well.
3. Next I go in with my concealer - Nars' Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger, which I apply to my under-eyes in the Kim Kardashian way of course. Right down to the tip of my nose and all the way up to the edge of eyebrows - a kind of v shape.
I also add it the area between my brows, and any imperfections I have - like that horrid spot scar on my cheek - using both the beauty blender and Illamasqua's Blending Brush 1.
4. After that's all done - I do my eyebrows. I use Illamasqua's eyeshadow quad - the Neutral Palette - and use Wolf with a Gosh eyebrow brush. I think eyebrows are so important - proper grooming can change your entire look - with or without makeup. But, alas, I feel my eyebrows are rather sparse, so I like to full them in. I find that using an eyeshadow works better for me than using a pencil. I finish it off by brushing through it with a spooly, and going through it with an eyebrow gel - atm I am using Marks and Spencers' Brown and Lash gel.
5. Now back to the base, I now contour, and make myself have cheeks! I use Sleek's Creme to Powder Foundation in Mocha to contour my cheeks, forehead, and jawline - using Real Techniques' Contour Brush.
6. Highlighting comes next. I wasn't in the mood for blusher today, so I skipped it, otherwise I would highlight after. Using Illamasqua's Gleam in Aurora, I apply it and blend in with my fingers to the high points of my cheeks, under my eyebrows using a small brush, the bridge of my nose, and the middle of my forehead just between and above my brows. I also used some E.L.F brushes to help me apply and blend the product - Professional Concealer Brush, Angled Contour Brush and Angled Foundation Brush - as you can see, I don't tend to stick to what the brushes were intended for. If I find I prefer using the brush for something else, I will.
7. Now for the eyes, I filled in my lid using a light peach colour from Sleek's Oh So Special Palette. I then lined my upper lid with Maybelline's Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner in Black - with a little flick at the end. I also lined my water line using Gosh's Eyeliner in Green Devil. And lastly for the eyes, L'Oreal Mega Volume Mascara.
8. To finish off, I used Rimmel's Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lip-tint in Kiss Me.
The Finished Look!
Garnier Moisture Match
Burt's Bees Lipbalm
Nars Sheer Glow Foundation
Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer
Cosmo Beauty Blender - From SuperDrug
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Illamasqua Blending Brush
Illamasqua Neutral Palette
Gosh Eye Liner Brush - Slanted Fine
Sleek Creme to Powder Foundation
Real Techniques Contour Brush
Professional Concealer Brush
Angled Contour Brush
Angled Foundation Brush
Sleek I Divine Eye Shadow
Maybelline's Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner
L'Oreal Mega Volume Mascara