Here I have recreated Sonam Kapoor's makeup look from her first night on the red carpet at Cannes. I loved this look. It was classy with all the needed drama for the premier of a movie like The Great Gatsby.
1. Prime skin (Here I used Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 220, with Mac Pro Long Wear in NW25. Blended in with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush). Apply lip balm.
2. For blusher, I used Illamasqua's Powder Blusher in Thrust.
3. I highlighted my nose, cheeks and brows with Illamasqua's Gleam Highlighter in Aurora.
4. I used Illamasqua's Neural Eye-shadow Quad in Wolf for my brows, using a bit of Obsidian to darken it in places.
1. Prime eyes for more vibrant and longer lasting eye shadow - I used Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden.
2. Apply a neuteral colour all over - I used Naked from Urban Decay's Naked Palette - try not to get it over your lashes like I did ..
3. Then apply a darker nude in the crease of my eye using Buck, from the Naked Palette.
4. For the glitter, I used a few products.
-> Starting off with Sidecar from the Naked Palette - working it from the inner corner in
(the glitter seemed to be be focused on the inner corners)
-> I then went over the inner corner with Illamasqua's Pure Pigments in Ore and just a
tad bit of Beguile.
-> I also applied the glitter to underneath of my eyes, in the corner.
5. Liner! This look is kind of all about the eyeliner - using Maybelline Master Precise eyeliner
-> Start off with doing the flick - I started off from the end of eye upwards.
(Yes I know it doesn't look the same as hers, but this is because of our different eye
shapes, and the fact that I am not a fully trained MUA :) )
-> After this, do the rest of the eye, keeping it thin from the corners, joining it up to
-> Take the liner under the eyes as well, but keeping it very thin, use a slanted eye liner
brush if need be.
-> Lastly, she used a silvery liner, but as I did not have this, I tried using a silver shadow
as a liner, but I looked ghastly. So I changed it to a black liner.
6. Apply mascara and false lashes (optional).
The Final Look!
Hopefully you have found this helpful!