Half an Onion (or 1 small Onion)
Chopped Chillies as per taste
Chopped Coriander (or Cilantro if you're American :) )
1 Can of Beans (I'm using Gunga Beans here; but chickpeas/black gram work just as well)
1 teaspoon of Olive Oil
Salt per taste
Half a teaspoon of garlic paste
Spring Onion (optional)
Lemon (to serve)
1. Wash and drain the beans. Chop up the rest of the ingredients.
2. Sautee the onions, tomatoes, garlic paste and chillies in the pan with the oil.
3. Once the onions start looking translucent, add the beans with a small cup of water and toss.
4. Add Salt and Coriander and toss again.
5. Allow to simmer for 2/3 mins until the water has evaporated and serve immediately.
Here are some ways I usually serve this salad (on its own as a main dish, inside pitta bread or a wrap/baguette, or as a side dish to other food like chicken/beef)