People who buy pasta sauces from a jar............ (or buy pasta sauces at all) errr WHY??!!!!
This is a recipe for a home made pasta sauce and in my opinion one of the best pasta sauces ever.
It's a bit unconventional (it has coriander in it) but do give it a try and it's super quick to make: 30 minutes or less, the sauce is not fussy and you can just let it simmer away while you're boiling you're pasta, setting your table,
painting your nails, taking culinary photos for Instagram.
1 Large Onion
5 Ripe Tomatoes
1 Red Pepper (optional, you can use whatever colour floats your boat)
A handful of Thyme
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
1 Garlic/ 1/2 teaspoon garlic puree
Chillies to taste
A handful of Coriander
Some Spring Onions
Salt to taste
Italian seasoning if you prefer (I'm skipping it)
1. Peel onion and dice, dice tomatoes and pepper
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a deep (ish) pan
3. Put in diced onions, add thyme and garlic and sautee
4. Allow onions to brown a little and add the chopped tomatoes and pepper
5. Pour in some passata (sieved tomato paste, add more if you like your sauce more watery)
6. Stir and allow to simmer for 10 mins
7. While it's simmering away, wash and cut the chillies, coriander and spring onions
8. Open a large tin of tuna and drain
9. Add salt, chopped chillies, coriander, spring onions and tuna
10. Stir and let simmer
11. I added some more coriander
12. Serve on Ryvita/ or melba toasts/ or toasted bread
13. Garnish with olives, spinach and mozzarella and place in oven till cheese is melted
14. Serve and Enjoy
Alternatively serve as normal with a pasta of your choice.