This is an awesome hair mask. Not only does it deep condition your hair but it also makes it appear super shiny and luminous. A great way to revive dull looking hair.
What you'll need:
1. A ripe avocado
2. Olive oil + almond oil (any oil of your choice will do to be honest)
3. A blender (or a fork and a spoon)
What to do:
1. Scoop out the flesh of the avocado in the blender
2. Add the oil
3. Blend until cream like consistency
4. If you don't have a blender you can mash it up with a fork in a bowl
1. Detangle hair with a comb/brush
2. Take some of the mixture in your hand and start applying to your hair
3. Repeat until hair is fully saturated with the mixture
4. Wrap hair in cling film/saran wrap
5. Find something else to do while the mask works its wonders (a few hours work best but even 20 mins is beneficial)
6. Shampoo and Condition and Style as usual.
7. Shine like a star :)
|left: Before Avocado Mask right: After avocado mask|
Hopefully these pictures demonstrates how the shine level has increased, can you see how dull the before hair is in comparison?
As long as the mask is in the texture of cream then it washes out of hair fairly easy. Leave the mask on for as long as you can bear it (Nigar here left it on for a few hours). It is slightly tricky to apply and it can be messy so place a towel on your shoulders and wear old clothes that you don't mind washing.
If you have any mixture left, apply to clean dry skin. That's a bonus 2 in 1 mask. It's super hydrating and plumping on skin.
Have you guys used an avocado mask before? What it your favourite home made recipe?