|Photo Credit: Charlie Gaines|
Sleep is incredibly important. Adequate sleep means a better immune system, better health, improved memory, better mood, clearer thoughts. Not many people know that a lack of sleep can cause "hunger" hormone disturbances and cause unwanted weight gain. This is why it's important to get those snoozes in ladies!
While your body is resting and rejuvenating, you can help maximise your beauty regime and wake up prettier:
(most of the tips involves using oils and my current favourite multipurpose oil at the moment is hazelnut oil or walnut oil. Almond oil is also another great alternative. They are super light, hydrating, fast absorbing and "non-greasy")
- Cleanse your skin properly (please not with a wipe, or a cotton pad *smacks hand on forehead*). Apply a face oil and massage in. You'll wake up with baby butt softness (on your face of course).
- After you brush your teeth, brush your lips and apply a non petroleum based lip balm (or an oil).
- Apply an oil to your cuticles and your hands to soften the skin on your hands.
- Polish your crackly dry feet with a foot file and apply some oil (or foot cream) and put on a pair of clean socks. Avoid the toes. Adding moisture between the toes is optimal if you want to grow some bacteria in the dark and warm area and you don't want anything to grow there.
- Apply a small amount of castor oil to your lashes by using a clean mascara wand. Doing this regularly will help your eyelashes grow sky high. Well not really, but you get the idea.
- Apply a small amount of a non greasy oil to your tips of your hair to wake up with super hydrated locks. Avoid the roots if you are not planning to wash your hair in the morning.
- Drink some calming herbal tea like Chamomile to help you relax. Avoid caffeine at this time because you don't want to be waking up to go to the loo in the middle of the night (herbal teas are sugar free so it's fine to drink them after you've brushed your teeth).
- If you suffer from dry/irritated/red eyes then apply your eye drops before you sleep, to give your eyes a chance rest properly.
- Sleeping on a silk pillow is supposed to prevent wrinkles/split ends/frizzy hair (this is the only one I don't follow because I don't like silk. But if this is a concern for you then it could be something you can look into).
- Get to bed at a decent time. The amount of sleep you need is dependent on your body's need. Some people need 6 hours, some 8 and others 10. Listen to your body's needs.
- Turn the light off. Having even the smallest amount of light on (such as the charging light on a laptop) can actually interfere with your sleep cycle and prevent you from having the deep sleep your body needs. So turn it all off. Your body will thank you for it.
Do you have any overnight beauty tips?
Share in the comment section below.
Happy Snoozing all you beautiful people.