We're big foodies over here; and I really enjoy cooking. However I don't like meals that takes hours and hours to slave over. This is my take on tandoori chicken that takes literally 5 minutes of prep time and 5 minutes to cook. Faster than ordering it from your favourite take away. Plus you know exactly what's gone in it and cake make it as healthy as you like. This is on is pretty healthy and tastes oh so good.
What you'll need:
A couple of chicken breasts
1 heaped teaspoon tandoori powder
1 heaped teaspoon yoghurt (I use greek yoghurt)
1 teaspoon garlic paste (or grated garlic)
Chilli flakes, salt, and pepper to taste
Bunch of coriander/cilantro
1. Wash your chicken breasts and slice though them to get thin slices (I normally manage to get about 4/5 slices per breasts, depending on the size, I also like my chicken slices to be really thin). Or get your butcher to do it.
2. Place a piece of plastic over the chicken and beat it with a mace (this makes it really tender)
3. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and then pour over the chicken and mix well
4. Marinate: the longer you leave this to marinate the more the flavours will develop; my marination time varies between overnight to virtually zero. If I'm in a rush I'll just mix and cook straight away. It will still taste amazing.
5. Cook: I "grill" on the frying pan; coat with a tiny amount of oil of your choice (by default the 2 oils I use in cooking are coconut oil or olive oil), and put the chicken in to cook.
6. After 2.5 minutes (I timed myself so I would know for this post), flip it over and cook for another 2.5 minutes. I like mine to have that char-grilled taste so at the end I increase the heat so it burns ever so slightly.
7. While you're waiting for the chicken to cook start making your salad
8.Serve and enjoy
|Apologies for leaving the spoons in, I was in such a rush to eat it that I took the photo asap and wolfed it down. It was one happy belly|
This tastes amazing on its own, or in a baguette or in roti or whatever you like to eat with :)
This is probably one of the most requested meal by the hubby.
Do you cook?
What's your favourite quick meals?